|Family & Friends|
|Family|| Unnamed Wife |
|First episode||Episode 1|
|Last episode||Episode 10|
Patrick Higgins is a "Paladin" - a competitor on the ABC fantasy competition series The Quest.
Although his wife does not share the same enthusiasm, the Star Wars fanatic convinced her to walk through light sabers to the movie’s theme song at their wedding. Patrick always strives to make a difference and considers his role as a teacher life’s greatest reward.
(Section below taken from ABC.com - Patrick Higgins' profile)
What is your earliest memory of the fantasy genre? What made you become a fan?
- My earliest memory of the fantasy genre would have to be watching the animated adaptation of The Hobbit that was released in 1977. I remember watching it a number of times over the years on TV, and when it came on it was a special occasion for me. That plants the seeds of becoming a fan, but I don't think that it was really until I got to high school and my best friend introduced me to Dungeons & Dragons that I became a full blown fanatic about the genre.
What’s the craziest thing you've done in the name of fandom?
- I think that some people might consider the amount of time and money that I have spent on putting together my Star Wars costumes as crazy. Thousands of dollars and just as many hours... But for those of us that do it, and what we do with them... The charities and children's hospitals... It's not crazy at all, really.
What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to the fantasy genre?
- Where do I begin?! I have a collection of swords from the Lord of the Rings movies, huge Game of Thrones fan, and anytime a good fantasy RPG game comes out on XBOX, I'm there to get it on day 1.
How do you define hero?
- A hero is someone who is willing to sacrifice something of themselves for someone else without asking or expecting anything in return, without even thinking twice. It's not just the man or woman that runs into a burning building, but also those who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Who is your real-life hero and why?
- My parents are my heroes. I learned how to survive any obstacle and meet any challenge head on from my mother. My father is the one who taught me my morals and values and is still someone that I try hard to emulate every day.
Describe yourself in three words.
- Husband, father, nerd.
You are going to fail summer school